Method to Prepare below
- Lemongrass (3-4 stalks) (The insides of the thickest bottom part is where the goodness lies)
- Galangal or ginger (1-2 inch piece)
- Garlic (3-4 cloves)
- Kafir leaves (4-5)
- Chillies of any sort (2)
- Thai Coconut Milk (1 Can)
- Thai Coconut Water (8 – 10 oz)
- Roasted Red peppers (preferably roasted at home) (Roughly one cup)
- Vegetables of your choice (broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, peppers, carrots)
- Spices and Seasonings of your choice
Make a coarse paste of the galangal, chillies, garlic and roasted red peppers. Saute these in coconut (if you are pitta) or sesame oil (For vatas and Kaphas). Squish the bottom stalk of the lemongrass with a kitchen hammer and add this to the mixture. Add basil and coriander and let everything cook till fragrant.
Add Coconut milk and Coconut water. Keep stirring till it boils. Add salt, chili paste, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder and whatever else you like. Take out the lemongrass stalks with tongs and discard. Add the kafir leaves and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
Saute the veggies on the side with garlic and salt and add it to the curry.
Turn off the flame and add lemon juice and coriander.
Serve with Jasmine Rice or Sticky Rice.
|Pitta||Ok in Moderation|
|Kapha||Ok in Moderation|